Autumn and winter weddings are just as delightful as spring and summer (plus a million times more cozy).
Here are 42 lovely ideas for a cold-weather wedding.
1. Match your invitations to the climate.
Get these personalized save-the-dates here.
2. Or throw in a touch of nature.
They may say “July” but these are clearly perfect for a November shindig.
3. Treat your guests to a s’mores bar.
4. Or a caramel apple bar.
It’ll make for some truly memorable (and sticky) photos.
5. Or a hot chocolate bar.
6. For added ~romance~, throw in some cutout heart marshmallows.
7. Use pinecones and succulents in your flower arrangements.
8. Or feathers and berries.
This flowerless boutonniere is available here.
9. Channel autumn with bright bursts of mustard.
Objectively the very best color.
10. There’s absolutely no shame in wearing a wedding dress with a big cozy coat.
11. (As long as you allow the wedding party to do the same.)
12. Have guests fingerprint a picture instead of signing a traditional guestbook.
You can coordinate with your wedding colors.
13. Or ask them to sign a guest quilt.
14. Calligraphied leaves make simple and elegant place escort cards.
Find out how to do them here.
15. So do pine cones.
16. Display table numbers on pumpkins.
17. Up the ante with white-painted pumpkins.
18. Or BRONZE GOURDS.
Incidentally, my DJ name. Get the directions here.
19. Get bark vases for centerpieces.
Custom version available here.
20. Put your cake on a log.
Everything about this, from the berries to the succulents to the perch, is perfect.
21. Decorate it with fake candy icicles.
22. Or with pine cones.
23. Or with fall foliage.
Just don’t leave it outside in nature too long.
24. Or with pretty burlap rosettes.
25. Set off your cake with a snowflake topper.
Personalized topper available here.
26. Have bridesmaids dress in mismatched but coordinated dusty colors.
27. And boots, if there’s a heavy-duty chill.
28. Scatter candles EVERYWHERE.
29. Serve cider in hollowed-out apples.
30. If the weather turns inclement, bottle it forever.
Make rain or snow into a beautiful memento.
31. Send guests home with pine cone candles.
32. Cup cozies.
34. Little saplings.
35. Jam jars.
36. Custome matchboxes.
37. Birdseed ornaments.
39. Maple syrup.
40. Straight-up booze.
41. Hot cocoa.
If they’re not tired of it after all the hot cocoa bars.
42. And thank your wedding party with cozy blankets.